Listen to this episode on
LinkSquares takes a personal approach to B2B marketing. Their intense and memorable event strategy doesn’t just stop at the top of the funnel. Instead, they’re pushing boundaries by maximizing the value of each touchpoint, ensuring a seamless journey for potential clients.
In this episode, Juliette Kopecky, CMO at LinkSquares, talks about her comprehensive event strategy based on the Mere-Exposure effect. It involves taking over events with intense visibility marketing.
After an event, LinkSquares follows up with leads using traditional methods, email marketing, Account-Based Marketing (ABM) strategies, and nurture campaigns.
- Events are a key revenue driver for LinkSquares, as legal teams often attend events to evaluate and purchase software solutions.
- LinkSquares focuses on creating engaging event experiences and collecting valuable data through lead scanning tools like iCapture.
- Content marketing is crucial in nurturing prospects and educating them about the value of Link Squares’ CLM solution.
- LinkSquares utilizes tools like HubSpot, Salesforce, iCapture, and Seismic to measure the effectiveness of their campaigns and attribute revenue to marketing efforts.
Tools Mentioned In This Episode
- HubSpot: A marketing and sales automation platform used by Link Squares to manage leads and campaigns.
- Seismic: A sales enablement platform adopted by Link Squares to track usage and create playbooks for their sales and success teams.
- Salesforce: A customer relationship management solution that brings companies and customers together, offering a variety of tools for sales, service, marketing, and more.
- 6sense: An account engagement platform that helps firms accelerate sales by identifying, prioritizing, and engaging with prospects.
- Qualified: A conversational marketing platform designed to produce more sales pipeline by enabling sales teams to have real-time conversations with website visitors.
- Microsoft Clarity: A free-to-use analytics product built to help website managers improve their website experiences by better understanding site visitor behavior.
- HasOffers: Provides performance marketing software for creating your mobile and/or desktop ad network.
- Wistia: A video marketing platform for businesses that includes hosting and lead gen.
- GoToWebinar: A webinar and virtual events platform.
- LinkSquares: A contract analytics and management solution that uses AI to help companies understand and act on their contract data.
The Landscape of Link Squares’ Marketing Team
Before diving into the strategies LinkSquares employs, it is essential to understand the structure of its marketing team. Juliet oversees four distinct teams: creative, content, demand generation, and product marketing.
Each team is crucial in driving revenue and supporting the business’s goals. From graphic design and content creation to lead generation and product launches, these teams cover every aspect of marketing.
The Role of Link Squares in Contract Lifecycle Management
LinkSquares is a Contract Lifecycle Management (CLM) company that offers an AI-powered CLM solution. Their primary goal is to help in-house legal teams write better contracts, understand the content of existing contracts using AI, and collaborate effectively with other teams within the organization.
Contracts are the lifeblood of any business, and LinkSquares aims to empower companies to create contracts that drive their business forward and make informed decisions based on contract data.
Aligning Marketing Goals with Revenue Goals
Juliet emphasizes the importance of aligning marketing goals with revenue goals. While marketing metrics such as lead generation, website traffic, and awareness are essential, the ultimate goal is contributing to the company’s revenue and supporting customer retention and upselling.
By analyzing marketing campaigns and their impact on revenue, Juliet ensures that her team’s efforts contribute to the business’s overall success.
The Power of Events in Driving Revenue
Events is significant in LinkSquares’ marketing strategy. Unlike some companies where events may not be as successful, Juliet has found that events are a significant revenue driver for LinkSquares.
Legal teams attending these events often come to evaluate and purchase software solutions, making events a prime opportunity for Link Squares to engage with potential customers. Juliet emphasizes creating engaging conversations at the booth rather than simply scanning badges and handing out swag. By understanding the needs and challenges of prospects, the team can provide personalized demos and build relationships that lead to closed deals.
Events are a huge driver of revenue for us at Link Squares.
The Event Takeover Strategy
One key strategy LinkSquares employs is the event takeover. By strategically utilizing impactful touchpoints at live events, LinkSquares ensures its brand is at the top of attendees’ minds. Juliet describes a recent event where they went all out, taking over the entire event experience from when attendees stepped on the plane to when they arrived at the conference venue.
This included out-of-home campaigns, digital campaigns in the airport, and various events and dinners. The goal was to create a lasting impression and ensure attendees could not miss LinkSquares’ presence. This event takeover strategy leverages the mere exposure effect, where repeated exposure to a brand increases familiarity and trust.
It’s not enough to just say, ‘Let me scan your badge, and here’s a piece of swag.’ We want to engage with prospects and build relationships.
Leveraging Educational Content to Nurture Prospects
In addition to events, LinkSquares strongly emphasizes educational content to nurture prospects. Juliet highlights the importance of understanding legal teams’ unique tech stack challenges. Many legal teams rely on general office productivity tools, and purchasing a CLM solution may be their first foray into legal-specific technology.
To address this, LinkSquares creates educational content that helps legal teams understand the value of CLM, evaluate different solutions, and make the case for purchasing technology within their organization. This thought leadership content is delivered through various channels, including email marketing, webinars, and video content hosted on Wistia.
The Role of Seismic in Content Management and Attribution
To manage its extensive content library and measure its effectiveness, LinkSquares recently adopted Seismic. This platform allows them to organize and distribute content to their teams, ensuring easy resource access and enabling sales and marketing alignment.
Seismic provides valuable data and insights into content usage, both internally and externally. By tracking how prospects and customers engage with different resources, LinkSquares can better understand the impact of their content on the buyer’s journey and make data-driven decisions.
The Collaboration between Marketing, Sales, and Customer Success
One of the key factors contributing to LinkSquares’ success is the close collaboration between marketing, sales, and customer success teams. Events are not solely the marketing team’s responsibility; representatives from all three teams attend events to engage with prospects and customers.
This collaboration ensures that the conversations at the booth are meaningful and that the entire customer journey is supported. By working together, the teams can follow up with leads, nurture relationships, and ultimately close deals.
Juliet’s event strategy and focus on educational content have proven highly effective in driving revenue for LinkSquares. By creating memorable experiences at events and providing valuable educational resources, Link Squares has positioned itself as a trusted partner for legal teams seeking CLM solutions.
The event takeover strategy, combined with the power of educational content, has allowed LinkSquares to engage with prospects, nurture relationships, and ultimately drive revenue. The collaboration between marketing, sales, and customer success will remain crucial as the company grows.
Join us next time as we journey to the bleeding edge of the modern tech stack. You’ll hear from real experts on how to nail your strategy, build a revenue machine, and take your sales to the next level.