Improving Google Analytics with McGaw.io
After our initial audit for Wilson Golf Group, we determined that overall the analytics structure for Oakglengolf.com needed to be rebuilt to include data for all steps of the funnel for booking tee times. We did this through the implementation of Google Tag Manager on the site and third party booking applications.
Oakglengolf.com was the first site built with the updated analytics structure and Google Analytics Enhanced E-commerce built in for selling gift cards and loyalty passes in the site’s store.
More data than ever is now flowing into Oak Glen’s Google Analytics. Once inside Google Analytics, this data can be parsed and segmented into new audiences that Wilson Golf Group’s marketing team couldn’t access before.
All of this was done to ensure that any future campaigns launched will be cohesively tracked and documented to ensure correct channel attribution.
Analytics Implementation the McGaw.io Way
- Conducted a full analysis of the setup of Google Analytics
- Built an analytics tracking sheet that outlines all the tags in GTM and how they function on the site
- Setup cross domain and e-commerce tracking, as well as enhanced e-commerce reporting in Google Analytics by adding tags for Foxycart
- Added user behavior tags that help to identify what users are doing when they are performing different actions on the site
- Configured Google Data Studio dashboard to hold all information for the domain, including Behavioral Click Events, E-commerce, and AdWords Information