Google provides their own Google Analytics url builder. It works well for people who use UTM links only every now and then or have very few campaigns/links to track. However, for consistent every day use, Google’s builder is definitely lacking. You can’t easily log the links you’ve generated, and there is no simple way to generate many links with, say, the utm_campaign tag common across all of them. You have to re-enter the parameters each time and create each link separately.
Solution: UTM Generator Spreadsheet Template
Spreadsheet formulas have become pretty advanced over the years. You can automate a ton of tasks using spreadsheets—it’s no longer just about manipulating numbers. With our free template, you can crank out dozens of tracking links in no time. Use your valuable time for more productive tasks like extracting actionable insights out of your analytics data, instead of spending it putting together UTM link puzzle pieces.
Here’s what makes our spreadsheet template amazing:
- It’s absolutely free!
- It’s very easy to use: No need to touch any formulas or input weird code.
- It supports space-separated words in parameters, so spaces won’t break your URLs!
- Easily keep track of all links generated and add notes to them.
- Simply drag down a parameter to copy it to the cell under it and instantly generate another UTM link with the same parameter.
- utm_term & utm_content are optional, exactly like the Google builder. Leave them empty, and the spreadsheet automatically recognizes this and clears them from the URL.
I’m Sold! How Do I Get Started?
Simply enter your details on this page and click “Download.” You’ll be given instant access to our Google spreadsheet template. All you need to do is click File > Make a Copy. You’ll then find a copy of our spreadsheet immediately available in your Google Drive account. You can edit it as you please and start generating UTM links right away.